Monday, August 27, 2012

Spices, spices, spices!

It seems that this is going to be the year I will learn to eat spicy foods. The other night I was in the dayroom with a group of Sweden Housers and Yacine from Senegal cooked noodles for us, including her mom's home-made yellow chili spices. The taste was amazing, but the feeling it left in my red-cheeks and running nose was a little less nice. I could eat a couple of bites and then take a break, but it did seem like a good way to eat, because we didn't even manage to finish.
Now, if I thought that was about as spicy as it gets, I was very wrong, because the following day I was in my room with Kristoffer (Denmark) when my roommate Tenzin (Tibet/India) offered us a snack. It was a kind of potato chips and looked pretty delicious, but after the expression of Kristoffer's face after he tasted one, I decided to only take a very small piece and I found out why. THIS was spicy! Once again it tasted delicious, but a couple of seconds after the taste went away, my mouth literally caught on fire (I thought it did :)).

Today and tomorrow is Extended Essay (EE) writing days for us second years, so I better get back to business!
Take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment