Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Life vs. Good Times

While walking to Flekke today, to pick up the key to the apartment my parents are staying in while they are here (from tomorrow :D) I couldn't help but think about one question that I've gotten a couple of times now: if you should choose one, would you have went on exchange or UWC. And really, it's like choosing between the two best decisions I've made in my life, how can I?
I think my UWC experience is so much different, because I went on exchange first and I wouldn't take that back. I went on exchange to find myself. I didn't want anyone from Denmark to visit or interrupt this process and it sure was a good thing for me, but that's not why I went to RCN. I applied for UWC because I was hungry for more. I wanted new experiences, I wanted to learn about the world, the people, the cultures. I wanted a different kind of schooling and I wanted to experience 'on my own' again. But then as I was walking back to College today, I looked around me at the amazing nature, considering writing yet another blog about how beautiful it is here, and realized that what I really wished for, was for the people I care for to come here and see it for themselves - share these moments with me! And that is probably the reason why I am so incredibly excited to have my parents come here - so they can understand what I'm experiencing better.
Would I want to chose one experience? No. I chose exchange in a time of my life, where I'd barely heard the word UWC. In a time where exchange was right for me. I don't know where I would've been today without that and I never will, and I honestly don't really care, because so far it's given me experiences for a life time!
If anyone is wondering, just do what you feel now. As an economics students I have to mention that there is an opportunity cost on everything, but I also strongly believe that we will all get the chances in life, that are meant for us :)

1 comment: