Monday, January 23, 2012

Nordic Studies


It's third block on a Monday. I'm sitting in my room, under my blanket, drinking hot chocolate and blowing my nose. (I'm not really sick, I just have a free block.)
This week I made a deal with my Norwegian co-year; Christine, to get up with her at 6 am every morning, so I could realize how nice it is to have the morning to do whatever without other people around. So far I have kept it up and got up at 6 every morning this week, haha.
This did though, give me the opportunity to get a some pictures this morning:
and even though I have been close to fall on the ice more than many times today, it is really worth it, because I get amazed by the beauty of this place every day!

What I really wanted to write about, was the Nordic Studies program that all first years started right before Christmas, lasting the rest of the school year. Basically we have a session every Wednesday after House Cleaning, lasting about an hour. So far we have had Pete (teacher) tell about his experience of coming to Norway and adapting to the society. He has now lived here for ten years! Last week, all the Nordic countries did a short (about 10 min.) presentation on their country - ours with a focus on pigs. Did you know we in 2003 had 24 million pigs in Denmark?
There is going to be a lot of different workshops and later on, we get to sign up for what we want to go to. From Nordic movies and music to mythology and politics.

I wish you could all see how the snow is slowly coming down outside right now! BEAUTIFUL!

No comments:

Post a Comment