Thursday, October 11, 2012

A journey into self-publishing

As I mentioned earlier this week, this week is PBL-week and I am attending "A journey into self-publishing." Goal for the week? To produce and publish at least one book. Personal goal? Find out whether there is still creativity left in me and do something different. Earlier this week I posted a picture from my personal process, but you can see more on my teacher Ana's blog: anaflecha.blogspot.no

As of today I have finished two very similar books, one with a black and white background and colored characters and one with a colored background but black and white characters. My book is an image book and a comment on how we easily get stuck in life just doing the same things again and again. It is a continuous and never ending book with the quote "Isn't it funny how day by day nothing changes but when you look back everything is different".

Here is the complete story in pictures from top left corner to bottom right. 

Colored background, black and white character 

Black and white background, colored characters 

The week has been amazing. Not too much rain and the art room must be the classroom on Campus with the best view - especially on a day like today.


As of last week I thought I was gonna have to sit  down and write an actual full book during this week; a thought that scared me a bit. I had planned on writing a children's book so it could be short and simple, but when I found out that everything was possible the ideas came flowing. It is so relaxing to just sit and create a something that was once a thought and develop it unto paper. It really clears the head.

Tomorrow I am headed to Oslo and my biggest concern is still what to wear :-) Not too bad a concern.

Roger out,
Mette

No comments:

Post a Comment