Friday, December 23, 2011

Appreciation

Today I've been back for more than two weeks, so this is what Denmark's taught me this time:
UWC was the right thing for me. I knew that all ready, I mean, I knew that I loved everything about it, but seeing old friends and especially going to my old school made me realize how happy I am to get away from my 'old life' and try something new. Something where I can do the volunteer work I love without stressing it into my busy program, where I have to work, bike 40 minutes to school and go all over the country to see my friends. Now, I have my friends around my 24/7 and the only work I do, is voluntarily, so it's just what I enjoy.

Also, seeing friends at my old school made me appreciate it more. They were all in some way very tired and pessimistic. School wasn't something you wanted to do or were even slightly interested in; it just had to be done. No motivation what-so-ever.
Now, I take 6 subjects that I like. Some more than others, but I have all great teachers and great fellow-students to motivate, not to forget the motivation I for some reason found myself. Who would have ever thought I would be taking physics and actually doing extra work for it, just because I want to do good?

Last but not least, wow, how do I miss having people around. I mentioned it a little earlier, but I miss walking down the street and saying hi to everybody I meet, just because. How funny would it be to try that in Copenhagen? I miss waking up with 4 other people, going swimming in the morning, because I know my second year will come get me if I don't wake up myself and sitting in a classroom late at night with friends, because you started homework and studying too late.

Life is great, isn't it? :)

Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment