Sunday, December 4, 2011

Christmas Dinner

Last night was the big Christmas Dinner at RCN.
T
he Christmas Dinner is probably the fanciest event of the year. Everybody dresses up nicely and takes a ton of pictures! We had Norwegian Christmas food, which is a lot like the Danish. Pork and Lamb and a desert very much like the Danish “Risalamande” or Rice Cream. There were also Christmas cookies, potatoes, sauce, red cabbage and vegetarian food.
The kantina was decorated for Christmas and the big Christmas tree was set up. Very cozy!
In the background silent, Norwegian Christmas music was playing and everybody were happy and socializing; both staff and students.
I can’t help but think what Christmas is for me: a time to join the family and be together. I cannot wait for the next 4 days to pass and go home, but I must say that I have a family here too. Closest, the best friends and boyfriend, but also my room as well as the whole family we are as Sweden House, and this was a very nice way to get those families together!

Here's some pictures.. More to come!
Kathrine and Kristoffer: Danish 2nd and co-year :)

Rikke (Norway) and I
- Mia's camera

Kornelia (Sweden), Lynette (Uganda), Kristoffer (Denmark) and me
- Mia's camera

Sweden House!!
- Lior's picture

Helene (Norway), Benedicte (Norway), Summer (House Mentor), me and Nina (Sweden)
- Hala's picture


No comments:

Post a Comment