Sunday, February 26, 2012

Valentine's Day

It's Sunday afternoon, not even dinner time yet and I'm done with all my homework :D Except for that I gave myself until Thursday to finish my EE book and I have barely started... So here comes more blogs.

I have never been a big fan of Valentine's day. Of course it is cute, but really, what a waste of money. I am not saying I am more of a fan of it now, but I did have my first fun, cute and special experience of it this year. Our SOS Children's Villages Group had set up a blind-date/karaoke/cafe, so I had signed up. Also, they had been selling roses, so when I came back from Children's Theater and walked into my room there was two roses on my desk. One with a note from Samuel and one without a note, that I assumed was also from him. I was wrong. Apparently SOS has been having a "bring-out" service where you could order flowers for someone, but they would give it, so you never knew who it was. I still don't know.

At the cafe, I got paired up with Fabian from Guatemala who had also bought a rose for his blind date, and it was a lot of fun getting to know him and seeing people humiliate themselves on stage for the karaoke and Sam also gave me another rose.

Now, unfortunately, the roses are dead and lying in my trash-bin, but I do still have the notes hanging on my wall, giving me a smile when I think about this experience :)



No comments:

Post a Comment