Monday, March 26, 2012

RCNMUN


Me, Kris (Denmark), Mia (Germany)

The Delegates of Palestine:
Diego (Bolivia), me, Alonso (Peru)

MUN stands for Model United Nations and RCN’s version of this is of course called RCNMUN.
MUN happens all around the world, from Denmark to Slovakia, India and Canada ... Everywhere! It is a chance for the youth of the world to see how the United Nations works and give their solution to worlds problems. Here at school, we started MUN about in the fall, preparing for the real thing, which happened in January. I was in the ECOFIN (Economical and Financial) committee and I represented Palestine. I had a great time, being in ECOFIN for the first day and then in the General Assembly the second.
There were six different committees and they were all discussing their own. In the General Assembly (GA), we were three representatives from Palestine.
I had a great time, even though some people (I almost didn’t plan this J) tried to kidnap the President of the GA in a break and Iran declared new clear war. I think everyone enjoyed it, but many were also happy that this wasn’t their everyday job (therefore adding some fun.)
I did, though, like it so much, that I am now in the EAC planning RCNMUN 2013, for our first years! (Who in Denmark should be selected in the next couple of days!)

I’m very busy lately, but will hopefully update more soon!

1 comment:

  1. Mettemin, du er så smuk og jeg elsker at læse dine indlæg og se dine fine billeder :)

    ReplyDelete